UA-151094126-1 Katharyn's Kollections

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Communication - Business & Consumer

Communication - Business & Consumer Chat - Week Three 

So this weeks questions were a little hard for me to think of a time it was hard to communicate with a business, but then I did think of a time that it was difficult to communicate with a business! About three years ago I ordered some clothes off of a Facebook ad, which I clicked on the ad and went directly to the website. The clothes on the website where presented with good material and for a good price, so I ordered probably twenty items off the website. A few weeks later, I received the clothes in the mail in two different packages. Which on the website, the order said was going to be delivered in two-three business days and in one package. I was a little annoyed it took that long to get the clothes but I was still excited that I still got them! When I opened the packages I was very unhappy of what was in the packages, all of the clothes were made out of weird material I've never felt and everything that I received was nothing I ordered but in the right size. Weird right? So since this was on online company I sent multiple e-mails (which this is how their "return policy" works) regarding my situation. I never received an e-mail back in response about how to return the clothes or a refund. 

After being super annoyed with the situation that has happened, I went on their Facebook page and directly messaged the company. I told the company my situation and asked what could be done on their end. I still did not hear anything regarding my message I sent and my problem still was not solved. A few weeks later I checked the message I sent on Facebook and the company actually opened the message and read it but did not say anything back. So I was left with spending about $150 and a bag of clothes that I will never wear. 

This experience opened my eyes to buying thing online, especially clothes. Now I only purchase clothes online  that I have purchased before in the past. This experience really was a learning experience and to never just buy something from a random company, especially from a Facebook ad. This was a very negative experience that I hope I never have to experience again and hope no one else has to either! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    I totally agree with you. I have had the same thing happen to me and it is frustrating. It's weird because if the business wants to make money and have customers come back they should respond to problems and make the customer happy. Obviously this company you ordered from was not on top of there shit and made a fool of themselves advertising false items on there Facebook ad. The experience I had also opened my eyes that products can be different than they're advertised and companies should be responding to resolve problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a terrible situation to have been in! It's such a strange thing - you don't want to have that sort of thing get out about a company that you're a part of, elsewise no one else will support you and buy your product, but in the end, it seems like maybe it was a bit of a scam. I'm sorry that happened to you!

    ReplyDelete