UA-151094126-1 Katharyn's Kollections

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Overview of Social Media

Personal Life and Social Media Platforms

Social media platforms are sprouting for all different audiences. I feel that Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat are all geared mostly for personal use. In my opinion, Facebook started as a social media platform to communicate with your friends and family far away, I still use this in my day to day personal life because a lot of my family and friends that use Facebook. Instagram is definitely targeted to younger generations, but here I still use for my personal life with mostly my friends and not as much family. Snapchat, I basically use instead of texting just because explaining, you can simply just make a video and send it to who it people it was meant for.

Business and Social Media Platforms

A lot of social media platforms took a spin on how they were targeting their audiences a few years ago, all social media platforms are evolving into a business world as well. Linkedin in my opinion is the most geared towards businesses because you can find jobs on there as well as individuals that could improve your work environment and business. Also, you can reach out to others that have the same job title as you to create an networking for you and your team. Additionally, other social media platforms have created a place for businesses to own an page for their business and even sell items on their platforms, for example Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat all do this to help businesses that use their platform of social media. 

Personal Life, Business and Social Media 

Social media can be used in so many different ways! They can mix well with the spin of business and personal life on social media platforms. By having individuals checking up on their social media platforms they are most likely to see an ad that is targeted to that individual and will probably end up clicking on that ad. This works good for both the individual and the business because the individual is getting their needs/wants and the business is getting sales by being targeted to the correct buyer. I do think this an evolving way to advertise and do business. Possibly one day in the near future, the only type business there will be is online. 

4 comments:

  1. I commented on Hannah Cliff, Luke Divinere and Sasha Rhodes blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate! I love the way you organized this. You are so right, linkedin is such a good business platform I totally forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The separation of the headers and the paragraphs underneath is a great way to keep ideas concise and on point. I too completely forgot about linkedin and other sites like it - something to note for the next assignment to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate!
    I had never really viewed Snapchat as platform driven for business usage, so its interesting hearing someone mention it in the same category as LinkedIn.

    ReplyDelete