UA-151094126-1 Katharyn's Kollections

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Websites I frequently Use - Week Four:Post Two

YouTube.com 

I visit YouTube I would say almost every day, from hair ideas to help with homework to how to around the house. I think YouTube is effective because I can simply type in what I am looking for then videos pertaining the search will appear. Then I can pick whatever I want to watch and I can listen to it while doing other things as well. Also, YouTube will pick up on what you like to watch so when you open the app, on your homepage videos will appear that are suggested for you. Most of the time they are videos I do end up watching and really liking, sometimes they are a little far fetched but for the most part are what you like. This aspect I really enjoy because it makes it easy to pick what to watch right away and also opens you up to other channels. 

Another reason why I enjoy using YouTube is that they have playlists, so if you are really into one topic you can search for that playlist and consistently watch multiple videos about that specific topic. Sometimes individual YouTubers will create a playlist of all their videos which is awesome when you are discovering a new channel. Most channels have an upload schedule and this is what makes me come back to the site. One of my favorite channels is about true crime which she uploads every Tuesday with a new video and new topic. I love getting ready and listening/watching her new videos and once I start I want to continue watching. One thing that could be improved with this site is maybe on your homepage bringing more newness instead of just YouTubers you like to watch. 

SnapChat.com

I use Snapchat everyday for sure! I think SnapChat is effective because that you can make a short video, take photo with a caption or send a text. I love this website because I can communicate with my best friends that live in Wisconsin. On SnapChat, you can create groups and my best friends and I have a group called Girl Gang. We all send each other snaps through out our days because sometimes talking on the phone and texting can take too long. Also, using videos you can see the tone of the person talking because sometimes with texting things can be taken the wrong way. The design of SnapChat is super easy to use and anyone really can do it. This makes me come back and want to use it. Also, SnapChat has stories that you can watch that you can see what your friends and family are doing that day. The aspect of being able to communicate with my best friends makes me come back to this site and to continue to use it. One thing that could be improved is maybe being able to replay an video more than once a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment