UA-151094126-1 Katharyn's Kollections

Friday, December 13, 2019

Week 17: Wrapping it up

Overall: Week 17

I would have to say after taking this course, I thought before I was well versed in the subject matter of social media but I really did have a lot to learn! I am glad I took this course to really dive deep in understanding the matter of social media. My viewpoint has changed about social media, before I felt there was only a few platforms that were important as a business (eCommerce) owner but that is not the case.
To really engage your customer on all platforms, you need to be posting on ALL platforms daily and be active. Exploring other platforms, for example Twitter, I never have used this platform in my personal life and we had to create an account, create and post ads on Twitter. Which, I am glad that I was pushed to use a different platform to understand the differences in platforms. This is something that I need to keep up with because the younger generation (teens-18's year old) is always using the newest platforms, so having that knowledge is key for newness. But also still posting on the "older" platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. 
Overall, I feel that after taking this class has definitely taught me the building blocks of starting and continuing to have a successful eCommerce business. By developing a well known standing business on the eCommerce level you need to have a stance on every platform. Not just that alone but by posting good content, that may not have to do with what your selling either just to reach to your targeted customer. Once that is grasped, you will have a great follower base and that is something for my start up that I want to get going. This class has helped me with the start up of my own company, Katharyn's Kollections by getting a follower base on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. This will help me because I already have followers and those followers will create more by liking, commenting and sharing my content that I post. 
Social media for businesses, services and products are amazing tools to pick and choose what you want to use for the particular business that you are promoting. Facebook alone has this great feature of Facebook Ad manager, this allows you to create content on the platform as well as share it on Facebook and Instagram. This is an awesome tool because you can actually boost your ad that you shared a few weeks ago or months ago and bring that back to your timeline for you and your customers so you don't actually have to recreate content if you are doing the same type of offer. In the future, I am for sure going to use this tool to create and share content on Facebook and Instagram. This tool also helps have a guild line of what your content should entail, which is very helpful when creating a lot of content. 
All in all, this class has taught me the actual building blocks of having a successful business. I also very much enjoyed being pushing into something new to learn and grasp what is being shown to us, that is so important online because technology is always changing. And keeping up with the newness is very important as well. I am so glad I took this course, it really opened my eyes to social media businesses and running a successful one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment